Computer vision is now just a server call away from your Python script. Both Azure and AWS make adding computer vision to your project relatively simple (Azure is the easiest). You sens them a URL of your image, they send back the data in JSON format so you can parse, or store the results as you see fit.
Azure Instructions – https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/cognitive-services/computer-vision/quickstarts-sdk/image-analysis-client-library?tabs=visual-studio&pivots=programming-language-python
Download Presentation Slides: Easy-Computer-Vision-Silicon-DojoDownload
“Easy” Computer Vision (Azure, AWS)
“Easy” Computer Vision
- Using Serverless Architecture
- Azure is EASY (60 minutes from account creation was creating scripts)
- AWS Rekognition is “Easy” if you already build for AWS
Silicon Valley is Diseased
- Think about computer vision beyond the dystopia that Silicon Valley is selling.
- Think of correlations vs. identification (uniforms detection vs. face detection)
- Do you need names, ssn, email addresses connected to images?
- The less data you create, the less data you are liable for
- Store Hashes not Images
Algo’s Don’t Replace Management
- Use Vision to Give Insight into business/ organization
- DON’T use vision to trigger decisions
- Be able to explain what the Vision System does, WHY you designed it this way, and WHAT it’s looking for
- Create rules, and enforce rules, not knee jerk reactions
- Have rule change process
- Vision is not about being precise, it’s about giving decisions a direction
- “Horseshoes and Hand Grenades”
- Should you show an ad for Tonka Trucks, Barbie Dolls, Ford F150’s or Summer Dresses?
- Self Identification…
- Is it statistically relevant for YOU
- Making the right correlations?
- Nail Polish for Boys
- Female Urination Device
- Demo General Vision with Azure App
- Demo OCR
- Face comparison
Setting up Azure
- “Public” Images are PUBLIC
- Use Azure Data Storage for “private” images
- Free Service gives 20 requests per minute and 5000 per Month
- Script fails may be because of quota limits
- Step through multiple image recognitions don’t do all at once.