Download Presentation Slides: DNS-for-Cybersecurity-Silicon-DojoDownload
DNS for Cybersecurity
What is DNS
- Maps name to IP address: cnn.com -> 184.108.40.206
Threats to DNS
- DNS Tracking
- DNS Poisoning
- Malicious Websites/ Malware
Local DNS Configuration
DNS in Router/ Modem
ISP’s and DNS Collecting data
- ISP’s collect your traffic and sell it to advertisers
- ISP’s may redirect bad URL’s
Websites Connecting to Other Sites
- When you go to a website, many other sites are embedded in the page and your information can be collected.
Unbound Recursive DNS
- Communicates with Authoritative DNS Servers
- It’s a mess
DNS Security Problems
- Can Cause Unexpected Problems
- Do you know EVERY domain name your clients use?
- Talk to your users
- Can users change DNS Settings?