Hacking is a relatively simple concept that many people get confused about when they try to understand the technology.
WARNING: I don’t care that much…
WARNING: This is NOT a Security Class
What is Hacking
- Hacking is simply interacting with systems in ways they were not designed
Kids LOVE “Hats”
- Black Hat
- White Hat
- Grey Hat
- Real World
- Pen Testers
PERMISSION from the RIGHT PEOPLE
Hacking Can Violate Copyright
Hacking is a Layered Attack
Denial of Service / DDoS
- TeamViewer for the “bad guys”
- AKA… TeamViewer…
Man in the Middle Attacks
Supply Chain Attacks
- 3rd Party
Tools of the Trade
Command and Control
Recover Deleted Files
Tesla – Electrical Tape
What are you thinking?
A) Liberty B) Death C) Other
Criminal Priorities are Generational
Why Do You Want to be a Hacker?
- Tech is just code and config files
- Do you want to build bridges, or burn them?
- Kicking a Home’s Door in is “Penetration Testing”
- Are you Hacking or just being an A$$
- For real Penetration Testing you must know not just how to infiltrate systems, but also know enough to understand how not to destroy those systems.