Arduino’s are an open source hardware development platforms that allow you to build electronic devices very easily.
Arduino is a Microcontroller
- Not a computer
- Continuously Loops code
Arduino is a Development Platform
- Open source hardware
- Prototype Product
- Arduino Clones so cheap it can be worthwhile just using them
- Flash memory (program space), is where the Arduino sketch is stored.
- SRAM (static random access memory) is where the sketch creates and manipulates variables when it runs.
- EEPROM is memory space that programmers can use to store long-term information.
Arduino Modules and Shields
IO Communication – Analog/ Digital/ I2C
- Analog – Analog signal
- Digital – Requires Specific Library
- I2C – Requires Library and I2C Configuration
- Addressable Protocol
- H Bridges
- Arduino Uno with WiFi
- Ethernet Shield
- Serial Communication
- Wireless Module
- USB Connection – Wall or Battery
- 9-12v Wall connector
- 9-12v battery pack
- Language is C++ ?
- Manage Libraries